Fix SQL instance errors when installing TIA Portal
How do you install TIA Portal if the installation is aborted due to an error message referring to the SQL instance WINCCPLUSMIG2014 configuration?
Begin installing STEP 7 (TIA Portal) and WinCC. During the process, disable the option "Project Migration for WinCC flexible 2008 SP2/SP3/SP5, SQL installation." The subsequent installation should now go smoothly.
If disabling the "Project Migration for WinCC flexible 2008 SP2/SP3/SP5, SQL installation" option is not possible, you must first uninstall the SQL instance "WINCCPLUSMIG2014."
Instructions for uninstalling are available on the
- TIA Portal DVD, in the directory \DVD\Documents\Readme\Deutsch\PEInstall2MdeDE.chm, Section: "Removing an SQL instance". The SQL version is 2014 and the SQL instance is WINCCPLUSMIG2014.
- Or in the manual under Removing an SQL instance. After uninstalling, restart Windows and follow the instructions in Step 1.
If, despite uninstalling the SQL instance, you are unable to disable the "Project Migration for WinCC flexible 2008 SP2/SP3/SP5, SQL installation" option, proceed as follows:
- Open the Registry Editor by pressing the "[Windows] + [R]" keys simultaneously.
- Enter "regedit" in the input field and click OK.
- Navigate to the path in the Registry Editor: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\WINCCPLUSMIG2014\MSSQLServer\CurrentVersion
- Note the value at "CurrentVersion" and change the value by putting "999." in front of it (for example, "CurrentVersion" = 9220.127.116.1100.0).
- Start the installation of STEP 7 (TIA Portal) and WinCC.
- After the installation you have to reset the value at "CurrentVersion" in the Registry to the previous value.
Step 3 is only applicable to the current operation. The next installation with the option "Project Migration for WinCC flexible 2008 SP2/SP3/SP5, SQL installation" will most likely reproduce the original behavior.
If you plan to migrate a WinCC Flexible project, we recommend uninstalling the SQL instance "WINCCPLUSMIG2014" in MS Windows 10 via the Control Panel in the "Uninstall or change program" dialog. After that, restart your computer and install STEP 7 (TIA Portal) and WinCC. If the installation fails again, we recommend skipping the "Project Migration for WinCC flexible 2008 SP2/SP3/SP5, SQL installation" option and returning to Step 1. This way, you will have at least TIA Portal installed on your PC and will be able to manually install the SQL instance.
The following PDF document contains the instructions in English on how to install the SQL instance. https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/attachments/109795217/109795217_Installationabbruch_wegen_Fehler_Konfiguration_SQL_Instanz_en.pdf
Thank for Reading!